Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The New Dog

I got a new dog last night. There was a warehouse fistfight over a union dispute and I went with my girlfriend Paula. She's got twelve years as a lorriehand and she wanted to show solidarity. Plus, she had some money on the fight. Anyway, the loser got his nose broke and Paula stole the new dog which she gave to me.

I don't want to go into what happened to my old dog, but he died a hero in my eyes (if not in the eyes of about a hundred East Mississippians). I'll just say that there's a part of the world that has a lot to learn about jet propulsion and the curious nature of dogs. Yeah...the new dog has a lot to live up to.

The new dog used to be brown, but I painted him white like my old dog. I used an water-based paint - you know, just in case he has to run through fire. It's not that I don't like the way the new dog looks, I'm just used to certain periphial blurs.

So, look out. The new dog and me may not have much of a history, but I love him a lot and I just named him Andy.


No comments: